Lodging a change demand - debtor or interested party
Important information - Lodging a change demand is a serious action from which court action and considerable costs can arise. Debtors, and other parties with an interest in the collateral, are strongly advised to resolve issues directly with the secured party. Where this is not possible, seek legal advice before lodging a change demand. Follow the notice procedure set out in sections 162 – 169 of the Personal Property Securities Act 1999 (PPSA).
The steps to lodge a change demand
You must be a registered user to lodge a change demand. If you do not already have a User ID and password please read our information on managing your logon.
- Log on using your User ID and password.
- From the PPSR Registration menu choose Financing Statement Change Demands – Lodge Change Demand.
- Enter the Financing Statement Registration Number and Debtor PIN and click Continue.
- Complete the details required in the Lodge Financing Statement Change Demand screen and click Continue.
- If you are seeking changes to the collateral details recorded in the financing statement, an appropriate link will appear. Follow this link, make your changes then click Submit Change Demand.
- Review and confirm the changes you are seeking and click Continue to lodge the change demand.
- Take note of your Financing Statement Change Demand PIN and click OK.
- As soon as you lodge a change demand, the PPSR will email a notice to each member of the secured party group. Secured parties can also monitor change demands using the View Change Demand menu.
If there is more than one debtor involved, you must give written notice of the change demand to the other debtors. That notice must include:
- the date on which notice of the change demand was entered in the register
- the financing statement registration number of the related financing statement
- the collateral to which the change demand relates
- the grounds for the change demand
- the nature of the amendment sought
- details of the Registrar's notification of the outcome of the change demand procedure.
Your User ID is a nine-digit number and your password contains seven alpha-numeric characters and is case sensitive.
There is no fee for lodging or withdrawing a change demand – it is FREE.